Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Year's Resolutions...(sore subject?)

Welp, decided to finally blog people - hope you're happy. I'm new to this whole blogging thing so my first couple probably won't have too many pictures or my old AIM font but whatevs. So I joined a gym last week and met with a personal trainer last night. You would have thought I never worked out in my life. It has honestly only been a month of not working out but I could definitely tell. He kept saying, "Are you ok? Are you going to pass out?". ha ha, I must have looked like i was really struggling!! Embarrassing. Oh well, it is the first step towards one of my resolutions. Get in shape for these summer weddings. Really I am just worried about my "Bye-bye" arms...know what I'm talking about? So of course we all have New Year's Resolutions...are we sticking to them? I feel like I make the same one year after year...why can I just do it one year and then I can think of the new one the next year. Of course, it is NOT a sin to have more than one. My family (immediate and extended) have made a pledge to do the 26 random acts of kindness in honor of the 26 Sandy Hook Elementary School victims. I believe this was started by Ann Curry from the Today show. So we have taken the pledge, have you? It really does feel good to do something for someone else unexpectedly. I feel as if I have been slacking a little. It shouldn't be hard but I have only done two and it is almost the end of January. Have you done any random acts of kindness lately? How does it make you feel? I honestly don't think it has to be anything extravagant. But as long it is something you would not normally do. There is a facebook link if anyone would like to check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/26acts/info

Anyway, I think it is a neat idea. It make you feel better while helping out someone else!

Happy blogging!
-Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment